Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday Wisdom

The trouble with this process, applying to law schools, has got to be the lack of information about it and access to people who know the answers.


Every Wednesday I am going to write out some questions I have had about this process so far. If you know anything regarding these questions please comment or email me. I hope by the following wednesday to be able to answer the questions I asked the week before. I hope that this is helpful. 


1. What should you do if your application is pending or hasn't been touched in months?
My application at UT has been in review since the 20th, far longer, than any of my other applications. My file at IU - Indy has been completed since Dec. 8th and has failed to move any farther along in the process at all. I am afraid to speak up to schools that have not made a decision on my application yet. Thoughts?

2. When or how do I begin to decide which schools to withdraw from?
I have been dreading withdrawing from schools. After receiving my rejection letter from UofL it truly sank in how grateful I am that other schools decided to take a chance on me. It hurts deep in my soul to withdraw when many of these schools have been nothing but accomodating to me. Any recommendations on how to do this, or even literally what needs to be said? The when part of this question puzzles me because I haven't heard from all of my schools but I don't want to hog a seat that someone else might truly want. Anyways, let me know if you have any insight on this.

3. Should you set up a university account before you know if you are going to accept the offer of admission?
I have already set up an account with Memphis, called myMemphis, and Samford, which is simply portal.samford. I felt as though I should because in their letters both wrote that future correspondence about financial aid and other relevant information for the fall would be sent through their own email addresses. I am worried that this might send a signal that I am committing. There isn't any clear info on any blogs I have read that talk about registering to schools sites before committing.

That's it for today, folks. If there are any topics you would like to hear about please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog through Sarah in the City, and I am really looking forward to reading more! Welcome to the blogosphere!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete