Monday, February 27, 2012

Appalachian and Northern Kentucky University

This las week/weekend has been a whirl wind. This weekend I, along with my mother, headed off to tour and visit some of the northern schools I was accepted into. The two we went to were Appalachian Law School in Grundy, VA and Northern Kentucky University Chase College of Law in Highland Heights, KY. The trip was longer and harder than I imagined. It was about 4 hours from Knoxville, TN to Grundy, VA but with the snow and we stopped to eat it took us about 5 and half. The trip between Grundy, VA and Highland Heights, KY was the worst because of the roads and the weather the 5 and half hour trip took us around 6 hours. The last trip was by far the easiest, nice interstate the whole way, the 4 hour trip took us right under 4 to complete.

I thought I would share my trip through some pictures.

First we went to Grundy, Va.


This is downtown Grundy taken from the third floor of Walmart. 

The day we drove up it was snowing hard and it snowed all the way through the night. 




The next day the temperature hit 42 so all of the snow melted.


I took this photo after lunch from across the street. 

Grundy was great. I really liked the people. The soul of this school is their people. Every student and faculty member I met was nice and friendly. I sat in on a Civ Pro class. It was completely full and a beautiful open class room. Their were some negatives, to me anyways, but I plan to do an overview of opinions later.


One negative for me was the curvy tight roads but I ams sure I can get used to it. 

----------------

Next we went to Northern Kentucky University Chase College of Law in Highland Heights, KY.


The campus was quite large. It is a commuter school but they had on campus housing and lots of places to study or just hang out. They have a university center and a student union. A unique thing about this campus is that they call themselves a modern campus, which basically means all of their buildings are concrete. 


This is the NKU Chase law building. A nice thing is that it is directly beside the Student Union so there are lots of places for students to gather. 

I will add more thoughts on each school later.

If you have any questions about either of these schools feel free to ask.


No comments:

Post a Comment